The Southwold Railway Trust is building a fully working replica of the Sharp Stewart 1879 2-4-0 tank locomotive called “BLYTH” – No 3 – one of the two locomotives of this type which ran on the Southwold Railway throughout its fifty year history. Here are the “frames”, the chassis of the locomotive, delivered to the Southwold Engine Shed on 4th March.
The Two-Four-O Club has been set up to offer partners and sponsors the opportunity of buying £240 shares in the engine and, in so doing, sponsor a particular component such as a boiler tube, or wheel. The locomotive will be constructed in a Southwold workshop equipped with lifting gear and generously made available to the Trust by local builders Duncan & Son. The Loco Fund currently stands at £25,000 of the £120,000 needed. J.T.Pegg & Son, the metalworkers of Aldeburgh, has provided the frames, the structural base for the locomotive, Other components will follow.